6 May 2008

General Update


Hi All,

Sorry its not a blog update as such. Kinda having writers block at the moment on that one. I do have a few idea's but its just time to sit down and put them into words.

I have however been quite busy.

Last week South Africa had a 2 day working week - yip only in Africa can you have a holiday on Monday then two more on Thursday and Friday in one week ! As a result of this I headed down to the coast to spend the time with Mom and Dad. It was great to see them again.

So what have I been upto?

Well I have submitted a review from the survey done in Walvis Bay. We have funding to set up a Wellness Centre in Namibia but I am not sure if Walvis is the ideal location to sit this centre. We have been told of another location called Grootfountain (click on the word to get a map of the area ) So I will be off to Namibia again on the 26th of May to see what's what in this area.

You will see from the photos I have got a Wellness Centre on its way to Zambia - (click here for photos of the container/ Wellness Centre being loaded for transport ) This container should be in Chirundu by Friday. I will be going up to Zambia on the 19th of May for a few days to set the centre up. Looking forward to this. So a lot of planing is on the go for this too.

I have also been looking at the Wellness Centre software to add more KPI elements to it so we can report on what is happening at the centres more effectively.

Other updates of interest.

Took some photos on Sunday on my way back to Jo'burg - you can view them here. It took 10 hrs to drive the 540km (874 miles) normally it takes like 5 - 6 hrs to do this trip but there was a massive smash on the motor way ( 3 dead ) and a hail storm that stopped me in my tracks for 15 - 20 mins as I could not see any thing for all the hail!

Also went on a game drive with Mom and Dad to Hluhluwie Game Reserve - photos can be seen here - saw loads of animals. Was a fab day out.

I also got my self a new toy - a Canon EOS 400D - fab bit of kit but need to learn how to use it but so far so good it seems to take good pix even if the owner has no eye for detail ! Some photos I took with it with in hours of the battery being charged can be found here.

Well that's it for now from me.

Hope to have something up on the blog soon for you all to read.

Regards,

Peter
Bedfordview - Gauteng 

No comments: