8 Apr 2009

Twittering

I have never been a massive fan of the whole social networking thing but the past year or so I have found it to be a very useful tool. From Facebook to MySpace and now Twitter all these sites can be really powerful tools if used correctly.

Twitter is one of the new kids on the block ( well to me at least ) I am not on Twitter and I am not sure if I will ever be on Twitter. I know that Twitter is full of celebrities who love to share with there fans what they are up. That's great for the fans. But would any one be interested in following me on Twitter ? I think not my life is not that interesting.

So what is Twitter ? Well basically its micro blogging. You can post up to 160 odd characters in lengh at any one time. It appears that most people seem to do this while on the move via there phone but they can also do it online via the web. People can then "follow" there "Twits ?" and get updates from them. Now I can see the points of groups, celebrities and even companies wanting to reach out to the masses via this means of communications. Just don't see the point from an individuals point of view.

One thing I really liked about North Star Foundation was how it was very keen on embracing technology and wanting to share with others data about projects and data from projects.

Back in November 2008 North Star Foundation got Twittering and I have put down the right hand side of my blog feeds from two of the Twitter feeds. If you visit the North Star Foundation website or click on the links provided here you can view all the North Star Foundation Twitter pages and if you like even follow them to keep up to date with what is happening in Africa with North Star Foundation.

Pages to visit: ( Click on the highlighted links to go to the pages )

North Star Foundation - Official Website

North Star Foundation - Twitter
North Star Foundation South Africa - Twitter
North Star Foundation East Africa - Twitter

No comments: