27 Jan 2008

Introduction

Welcome to the start of my blog site -
Hi,
I am Peter Black

Here is where I will tell you all about my African Adventure as am heading off to South Africa very soon (End of Feb/ early March) on an assignment with TNT and UN WFP (the logistics arm of the United Nations) to set up Wellness Centres to help the transport communities in southern Africa reduce the transmission of HIV. These Wellness Centres will be set up along major trucking corridors as well as border posts.

For more info on this Humanitarian project visit the " North Star Foundation" Website

This is quite an opportunity for me so I feel its quite important to let family, friends, collegues and, any one that wants to know really, what this mission is all about from my perspective. Never really been a fan of blogging but I do feel that this is quite important so I am going to blog
my African Adventure as I like to call it at the moment.

I shall be based in Johannesburg, South Africa, for 6 months from around the end of Feb/ beginning of March 08. I will be working with "North Star Foundation" to set up HIV/AIDS Wellness clinics at Beitbridge ( the boarder between South Africa and Zimbabwe) and Chirundu ( the boarder between Zimbabwe and Zambia )

I will be posting more info about my self and my preparations for me heading out to South Africa in the up coming days. I also plan to upload Vblogs to Youtube and pix to my Flickr site

So keep coming back to see the updates and please feel free to post comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks good - I am looking forward to the updates

Anonymous said...

Excited for you Pete, would like to be able to do something similar myself one day.

Looking forward to watching your journey.